Wednesday, February 3, 2010

IT's A.........





Yesterday, Feb 2, we went to the doctor for our ultrasound and checkup. We had the ultrasound tech talk to our friend, Karend Carl and tell her the sex of the baby without us knowing. She baked a cake, iced it with THICK white icing and decorated it beautifully! Last night the family anxiously ate supper at mama and daddy's house...waiting to cut the cake. We had 2 groups...one dressed in pink if they thought it was a girl...one in blue if they thought it was a boy. When we all finished, Jamie had the honors of cutting the cake...the color of the inside revealed the sex of the baby...blue for boy...pink for girl...There was much excitement, screaming, people on speaker phone and Skype, trembling hands...And he cut.....IT WAS BLUE!!!!! Baby Carpenter #4 is a BOY!! We were/are in shock...thrilled...and cannot imagine this house with any amount of blue! We don't have ANY of that color...our coats, bibs, hats, burp cloths, blankets, clothes...EVERYTHING is PINK...I hope he likes pink!!!! We don't have a name yet...so any suggestions are welcome! Our due date is July 6.







8 comments:

Marilyn Bowen said...

WAY TO GO, JAMIE!!!!Emily, that was so precious...and such fun! I am so proud for you both. Although...I know you would have been just as thrilled had it been a girl. OK...names...????

I can't wait to hear what ya'll decide! Keep this blog going! I love keeping up with you.

Unknown said...

I can't BELIEVE it's a boy!!! Yay!!!!!!! SO exciting!

Lora Turner said...

What a CUTE idea! What a FUN night. I am so happy for you all! The girls are gonna have so much fun with him!

Sara Whitten, Brian, Lilly and Walt said...

A BOY A BOY....YAY...so exciting! I am so happy for all of you. I know that Jamie LOVES his girls, but a boy for a daddy doesn't hurt anything!! And for a MAMA either! Love and miss you so much!

Jessica & Clif Barnes said...

I'm soooo excited for you! Little boys are so very sweet without all the drama. He will grow to be a fine young man with that many sisters to guide him! Hope you all are doing great!

SBC said...

What a cute story! I am so excited for you guys- finally a boy! I can't wait to meet the little guy :) Congratulations!

Hannah @ Abney Ink said...

so incredibly happy for y'all! a little Carpenter boy to carry on the name!

Sally said...

Oh My Goodness! YAY!